Diamond Lee

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Coming Home

It was a very emotional last day. Everyone was packing and getting ready to leave. We were all asking each other "what time are you leaving?" and hoping we weren't going to be the last one. It was very sad, but at the same time we were ready for it to be over so we could see our family. Bittersweet, the perfect word to describe it. Saying goodbye to all the people I met this summer was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Especially, saying goodbye to Ryan, Giancarlo, and Arpita. Kai became my best friend, and I am SO glad that she is going to be going to Kingsville. Ryan also became a really good friend and unfortunately his is staying in Arlington and going to school at UTA. Arpita is a grad student at UTA, so she is definitely staying. Giancarlo is going to UTA and lives in Jamaica.

My dad came to pick me up around one thirty, with my brother. It was a long eight hour drive home, but it was worth every second spent in that crowded truck. We arrived home around nine thirty that evening; my mom was extatic to see me. I was able to actually show my family my work. I showed them my presentation; I think they were asleep by the end of it. I was so excited about my research, I told all my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment