Diamond Lee

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Working with aquifers

Since my REU at University of Texas -Arlington, I was offered a job working with the CREST program at Texas A&M-Kingsville. I work with a graduate student using Microsoft Access and a program called PHREEQC, which is used to input the different elements in the water of the various aquifers. Then using this program we are able to virtually mix the water and see if the levels are safe to use for drinking and other things.

In May I will be going to Baltimore to present this research at a conference. I am somewhat nervous because I have to create a poster and speak in front of some very knowledgeable people. However, as seen in my previous blogs I was required to create a poster for the REU program, so I don't feel completely lost on that part of my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment