Diamond Lee

Saturday, May 14, 2011

NGWA 2011 Summit

I was invited to present my research on aquifer storage and recovery systems (ASR) at the NGWA 2011 summit in Baltimore, MD. I had been working on the research for two semesters when I was told I would be going to present the research and possibly recieve a scholarship.
I flew to Baltimore and stayed in the Hyatt hotel, where the conference was being held. I was scheduled to present the first and second day. However, I had to inform my judge that my poster had missed the plane, but would be there for the second day of presentations. He was very understanding and I was able to present my research the second day. Everyone was very impressed that an undergraduate was able to carry out the research and actually understand what it was trying to solve.
Unfortunately I did not recieve the scholarship, but it was a very beneficial opportunity for myself. I was able to gain experience presenting and knowledge by attending the different classes they offered on ASR systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment